2012: Last Post
“I woke up this morning and the Lord told me to read Jeremiah 29:11, and naturally I was like Lord I already know that verse. He then said, read the verse before it.
“This is what the Lord says: When seventy years are completed…” vs. 10
The famous verse we quote consistently at the end and beginning of new chapters for hope was a promise that would come to pass only AFTER 70 YEARS. Our timing looks nothing like God’s timing. May we look to 2013 as a year of faith and trust that no matter what the present looks like, God is always working behind the scenes.
“For I know the plans I have for you says the Lord, Plans to prosper you and not to harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.”
2013: The List
I don’t think I had any idea what 2013 would look like. I knew that God would use it to change the course of my life and give me a perspective like I had never known – but in no way could I have projected the level of change I would endure and the perspective that would be given to me.
God knew. He knew what was ahead, just like He knows what is ahead for 2014.
I have put together a list of 2013 Highlights below. It is definitely not all of the hard, the ugly, or the amazing and beauty of this year – but I hope that in December of 2014 I will be able to look at this list and be even more thankful for all that is to come – because of what I was able to do and become in 2013.
- I changed my hair to blonde..again
- February 1st, 2013 changed my life forever
- Moved in with Carly W.
- I traded Pistol in for Priss – a Smart Car
- I lost – AND – gained friends
- I worked part time at Palm Beach Tan
- I met Carly E. – a forever friend
- I surprised my mom for the weekend
- Priss broke down 5 times and I got to drive a Mercedes Benz C Class for 2 weeks
- I went on a Mission trip in Honduras
- Went to 6 weddings
- Decorated Holly’s Birthday dinner at BJ’s
- I gave my testimony to 2000 men in a Honduran prison
- I went to two Generate nights of Worship at Gateway Church
- I worked part time with/for Michael Jr. Comedy
- I saw Scotty McCreery, Luke Bryan, and Josh Abbott Band in concert
- I made A LOT mistakes
- Learned A LOT of valuable life lessons
- I lost weight
- Was and continue to be mentored by two amazing ladies, Brittany and Leah
- I gained some weight back
- I ran two 5k’s
- Went to see Rob Howe in his Improv show
- My sister and I spent 4 days together without arguing
- I saw my Nana and Poppee twice in one year
- Uncle Andy went to be with Jesus
- I celebrated my year with Splash Media
- Mom learned to text and started texting ‘Goodnight’ ever night before bed
- Cody Allen, Meredith Andrews, Chris August, and Josh Abbott all tweeted me
- I had to tell a really embarrassing story at a meeting at Splash
- I went to Houston to visit Sam for the weekend
- I got a beautiful Fossil watch for my birthday from Mom
- I turned 25 and had my birthday party at a kids trampoline center – I was the oldest ‘birthday girl’ there by 20 years.
- I had a few crushes
- Started babysitting twins
- My heart was broken – but then mended
- I tripped and fell on a treadmill
- Holly Graduated college
- I got the job with RuffleButts
- Finally – truly believed I was all He says I am
2014: The Challenge
What I have learned more than anything this year – through all of the above – is that God uses each and every moment of our lives to shape us into the men and women we are meant to be. I have no doubt that 2014 will bring new challenges and new miracles – and because of 2013, I will be more able to receive them, better equipped to carry them out and make wiser decisions because of my successes and failures, use whatever God does to share about Him more and BOLDLY, and I am praying, continue to love like He has loved me – without need of return.
I am so thankful for 2013 and the places I got to see, the people I was able to meet, the family I was able to love, and the memories I will forever hold dear and near to my heart.
May we all love more, and worry less in 2014.
Merry Christmas and Happy New Year